Through the Ages

Through the Ages
Always be true to your heart and yourself.

Wednesday, June 28, 2023

At a Loss

*Language and Trigger warning*

I stand there with a shovel looking down at the dirt
“Start digging!”
He pushes me forward
I start digging

I hear them talking
Laughing at me
I keep digging 

The sweat starts to form on my brow
It’s hot
I stop for a moment

“I said dig, bitch”

One of them kicks the back of my knee
I drop the shovel
I fall to my knees
My hands catch me

“Get up!”

I push myself back up
Grab the shovel
Keep digging
Don’t make them mad.

“Turn around”

I turn to face them
Shovel in hand 
Ready to defend myself
It’s too easy 
The shovel ripped away from me

One of them rips part of my dress away
Bare feet in the soil
I cover myself

“Pathetic.”
“Worthless.”
“You are nothing.”

One of them shoves me
I land on my back
Knocking the wind out of me

I lay there staring up at them
They’re laughing at me
I struggle to sit up
I can’t climb out 

I lie back down 
This is where I’m left 
This is where I’ll stay 



No comments:

Post a Comment